Since 1981, we have been helping innovative companies protect their inventions. Today, with three generations of experience and global expertise, we are a trusted IP partner for companies all over the world.
• Patent / utility model application filing to the Japan Patent Office
•Appeals and litigation
• Patent registration
• Support with official correspondence during prosecution of application
• International registration application (PCT application) to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
• Application filing to United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) through overseas partners, European Patent
Office (EPO), Eurasian Patent Office (EAPO), African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) and African Regional
Industrial Property Ownership Organization (ARIPO).
• Video conferencing (Teams, Zoom) is available upon request. We ensure proper communication at all times.
We are experts
We know patents inside out, but we know our clients too.
From electronics and software to chemistry and biotechnology, we understand the environments in which our clients operate and what they need from us. Our high level of technical knowledge allows us to be flexible, and to work in a way that creates the best results for our clients.
Our in-house R&D team tracks the latest developments in IP law and technology so we can make sure that there will be no conflicts with your application. By building our advice on real world insight, we make sure your application goes as smoothly as possible and there are no nasty surprises.
We are Supportive
Aside from our expertise and heritage, our reputation is built on the service we provide to companies.
Registration and patent applications require a lot of work, collaboration and management. Our specialist support staff are reliable and efficient partners for our clients, making sure that they always have the information and insight they need. As well as valuable advice, our clients benefit from prompt service, clear instructions and detailed reporting.
We are international
We work with clients from other 200 countries, and 90% of the applications we handle have a related application in a foreign jurisdiction.
For companies all over the world, we are a trusted IP partner and our record speaks for itself. In the last 10 years we have filed:
• More than 12,000 applications with the Japan Patent Office for overseas clients
• Over 15,000 applications in foreign jurisdictions for our Japanese clients.
Every member of our legal and technical teams works for both Japanese and international clients, meaning that our entire company has the skills to take on every challenge.
As one of Japan’s longest-running patent offices, the level of knowledge and experience we have with handling applications to the Japanese Patent Office cannot be matched. If you are based outside Japan and looking to make a domestic application, we can guide you through the process and make sure that you have the best chance of success.